UCFB Etihad Campus
UCFB Etihad Campus is our state-of-the-art campus located in Manchester, dedicated to the delivery of university degrees in the football business and related industries. One of the world’s most famous footballing cities, Manchester is also a thriving student centre.
Based in and around Etihad Stadium, the campus allows students to live, learn and work in the heart of one of Europe’s most progressive football facilities.
Sitting at the heart of the UK and global football industry, UCFB Etihad Campus attracts some of the most experienced and insightful guest speakers from across the Premier League and international game for our students to learn from.
Recent guest speakers including former England manager Steve McClaren, Sunderland manager David Moyes, former England international stars Stuart Pearce and Rachel Brown-Finnis are complemented by those with expertise in differing aspects of the game like former Football Association communications guru Adrian Bevington and former PFA Chairman Clarke Carlisle.
Not only are lectures taught within the Etihad Stadium overlooking the pitch, but thanks to a partnership with Manchester City Council, students can access and utilise facilities such as the Manchester Regional Arena and Indoor Athletics centre, National Squash Centre, Belle Vue Leisure Centre and the National Basketball Performance Centre.
The exciting addition of having access to these best-in-class facilities will enrich students’ studies alongside their academic learning. UCFB Etihad Campus is dedicated to educating students in the complex facets of the football and related industries.
The world-class facilities available at the Etihad Campus include:
- Manchester Regional Arena – an eight-lane track and field arena with capacity for 6,500 spectators. The space was originally used as a warm-up area during the 2002 Commonwealth Games;
- National Squash Centre – the home England Squash and Manchester Squash Club;
- Regional Tennis & Football Centre – a mix of six indoor and three outdoor courts fully floodlit to LTA standards, along with three 5-a-side 3G football pitches;
In addition to the Etihad Campus, UCFB students will also have access to the nearby new Belle Vue Sports Village – a brand new multi-million-pound sports complex comprising of the following facilities:
- Belle Vue Leisure Centre – inclusive of two state-of-the-art all-weather pitches, health and fitness suite, dance studio and eight badminton multi-sport sports hall;
- National Basketball Performance Centre – three FIBA-standard courts and is home to Basketball England’s national teams;
- The National Speedway Stadium – home to Belle Vue Aces.
Manchester is a truly global sporting city, and UCFB is proud to able to be offer these facilities to our students.