Take advantage of this unique opportunity to study alongside full-time UCFB students within London’s famous Wembley Stadium, a world class entertainment venue and the spiritual home of English football and sport.
At UCFB you will be immersed in the life of our institution, the global world of sport business, and the vibrant and diverse city of London, where there really is something for everyone. Travel, explore a different culture and meet new people, all while earning academic credits. Not only will you have a good time, but you will develop life skills, extend your network and improve your employability while doing it.
Academic Year 2017/18:
Monday 11th September 2017 – Friday 26th January 2018
Housing check-in (optional): Saturday 9th September TBC
Orientation/Freshers’ Week: Monday 11th – Friday 15th September
Classes start: Monday 18th September
Reading Week: w/c Monday 23rd October
Last day of classes: Friday 15th December
Exams: 8th – 26th January 2018
Wednesday 24th January – Friday 1st June 2018
Housing check-in (optional): Wednesday 24th January TBC
Orientation: Thursday 25th – Friday 26th January
Classes start: Monday 29th January
Reading Week: w/c Monday 12th February
Easter break: Monday 26th March – Friday 6th April
Last day of classes: Friday 11th May
Exams: 14th May – 1st June
Our courses available to study abroad students cover a wide range of important topics in the strategic, operational and business facets of the football business and wider sport and events industries. Whether your objective is to work in these industries, or you simply wish to study a traditional subject in a stimulating context, our modules will engage you and prepare you with the transferable skills needed for your future career.
A full course load is two modules per semester. The current module offering for each semester can be downloaded from the links below:
Each module is equivalent to 30 UK credits, 7.5 US credits or 15 ECTS credits. One module has a duration of 300 hours composed of lectures, seminars and workshops, tutorials and guided independent study, with assessment through coursework, projects and exams. A dedicated Personal Tutor is available throughout the semester to guide you and provide support with both your academic and personal development.
Students will receive a transcript from UCFB’s validating partner, Bucks New University, for all modules successfully completed. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure, if needed, that credits will transfer to their home institution.
Your studies at UCFB will be enhanced by our Complementary Curriculum, taking learning out of the classroom and putting it into real business context, helping you to gain practical experience, develop transferable skills and build your global network.
In our Executive Guest Speaker Series, a guest speaker visits UCFB most weeks to deliver a lecture to students on an area of their expertise and to answer questions.
Guest speakers include the Chief Executives of Premier League football clubs, the directors of major corporations, senior figures in sports governing bodies and in the core related industries of finance, marketing, media and broadcasting, along with leading journalists and academics. This provides UCFB students with unique and unparalleled access to a global network of contacts at the top of the football, sport and events industries.
Previous Complementary Curriculum activities and guest speakers have included:
- Neil Doncaster – Chief Executive at the Scottish Professional Football League
- Mike Phelan – Manager at Hull City AFC and former Assistant Manager to Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United
- Kelly Simmons – Director of Participation and Development at The FA
- Susan Black – Director of Communications at Liverpool Football Club
- Alastair Campbell – Former Government Director of Communications and Strategy
- Dr Brian Barwick – Chairman of The Rugby Football League and former Chief Executive of The FA
- Brendan Foster – Former Olympian and Vice-President at Nike Europe, and founder of the Great North Run
- Wembley Stadium tour
- Media training at Tottenham Hotspur FC
- Match commentary masterclass with Sky Sports commentator
- Excursion to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, home of the London 2012 Olympics
UCFB understands that the study abroad experience is multi-faceted, and while academic instruction is very important, you also want to make the most of your time outside of the classroom. Our Student Services team are on hand to help, providing support in all aspects of student and extra-curricular life to ensure that you feel safe and comfortable in your new environment, and have the tools you need to go out and explore!
- Comprehensive orientation on arrival including introduction to UCFB academics and services, stadium induction, tour of local amenities, guided tour of Central London and main sights.
- 24-hour emergency phone-line.
- Dedicated Student Advisor for study abroad students.
- SU Black Card allowing free or discounted access to events and services with the UCFB Students’ Union.
- UCFB Athletic Union – competitive and recreational activities every Wednesday afternoon in a variety of sports including football, netball, futsal, rugby, crick, tennis or martial arts as well as recreational activities such as indoor skiing and snowboarding, go-karting, basketball and dodgeball.
- Weekly social activities together with full-time UCFB students including comedy nights, quizzes and club nights.
- Field trips within and outside London, including day trips to Stonehenge and Bath, Thorpe Park theme park, Cambridge and weekend trips further afield.
- Learning Support
We know that having a comfortable and safe living environment is an important aspect of the study abroad experience and are happy to facilitate accommodation arrangements for your time at UCFB Wembley through our partner halls of residence located within walking distance of our campus.
Accommodation providers for 2017 will be announced in early 2017.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Admissions & Applications+
Applications open in March 2017.
Please ensure that you read the UCFB Short Study Experiences Terms and Conditions (click here for link to document) carefully before submitting your application.
Applications are processed on a rolling basis and students should expect to receive a response within one week of submitting their application.
Please see below for entry requirements and fees:
UCFB Study Abroad semester programmes are open to all EU and international students who are not currently enrolled at a higher education institution in the UK.
Students must have completed at least one year of university level study before starting at UCFB.
A cumulative minimum GPA of 2.7 or equivalent is required. For students who are not native English speakers, proof of English proficiency through previous study or an IELTS score of 6.0 is requested.
Please note that for non EU/EEA nationals a short-term study visa is required to study in the UK.
Tuition fees for the academic year 2017/18 are:
Semester 1: £6,500
Semester 2: £6,500
Academic year (two semesters): £11,500
• Tuition for 60 UK credits
• Complementary Curriculum activities, workshops and speakers
• Use of UCFB library
• Comprehensive orientation session and materials, including stadium induction, academic policies, student services and a tour of the local facilities
• Walking tour of central London
• Welcome dinner
• Dedicated Personal Tutor for intellectual, academic, social, spiritual and cultural interests and support.
• 24 hour health and safety emergency number
• Dedicated Student Services Advisor
• Access to Student Services extra-curricular activities together with full-time UCFB students
• Student Union Black Card granting free or discounted access to activities
• Access to UCFB Athletic Union for competitive and recreational sports activities.
Fees do not include travel, accommodation, books, meals, international health insurance, visa fees and additional living costs and personal expenses.
Payment should be made via bank transfer in pound sterling (£). All bank charges are the responsibility of the fee payer.
A 50% deposit is required to confirm enrolment. The balance is due one week prior to the programme start.
For further details on the application process and programme fees please contact Mina Chakmagi at firstname.lastname@example.org.