UK Student Recruitment Officer – UCFB Wembley
Location: UCFB Wembley, Wembley Stadium
Salary: £23,000 + £3,000 Car allowance
Responsible To: UK Student Recruitment Manager
Post Objectives: To develop relationships with key contacts in colleges, schools and academies with the aim of educating and engaging students both on and off campus and increasing the number of ‘feeder institutions’ to UCFB.
The successful candidate will develop relationships with key contacts in colleges, schools and academies with the aim of educating and engaging students both on and off campus and increasing the number of ‘feeder institutions’ to UCFB.
Activities will include:
- Develop strong and productive relationships with key contacts in all sixth form, FE colleges and academies in the specified region
- Manage and deliver student focussed engagement and recruitment activities on and off campus
- Increase the number of ‘feeder institutions’ to UCFB through pro-active networking and encourage membership of UCFB’s Schools and Colleges Partnership programme
- Deliver presentations to a wide range of audiences, including young people on the benefits of UCFB
- Assist with the organisation and delivery of a variety of academic and student open events including education forums and conferences
- Pro-actively work with academic staff to provide a range of recruitment activities for partner schools and colleges
- Produce statistical reports and competitor analysis
- Assist with the preparation and production of an annual calendar of events, student recruitment reports and statistics
- Attend undergraduate Higher Education and Careers conferences and other similar events across the UK where required
- Assist with Clearing, Enrolment and other high profile events across the institution
- To formulate recommendations for UCFB-wide strategy for the recruitment and admission of undergraduate/postgraduate home, EU and overseas students, consulting and influencing as appropriate and implementing the delivery in partnership with key senior staff
- Ensure that student recruitment and outreach activities are consistent with UCFB strategic plans and, as far as possible, external stakeholder requirements now, and in the future
- Work collaboratively with all major internal post holders to ensure that there are coherent activities and messages regarding the many diverse elements that affect student recruitment
- Ensure that relevant and appropriate advice and guidance is provided to academic departments to support local student recruitment initiatives
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and travel between campus.
What we’re looking for:
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of managing relationships with schools and teachers
- Previous experience of working within the Higher Education sector
- Microsoft office competency
- An understanding of Higher Education sector and the student recruitment cycle
- A high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to build sound relationships with people of all levels of seniority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- A can-do attitude
- A solid team ethic
- Target oriented
Click here to download the full, detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the UK Student Recruitment Manager with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.