Student Services Advisor – UCFB Wembley
Location: UCFB Wembley
Salary: £21,000-£28,000 (dependent on experience)
Responsible to: Student Services Manager – UCFB Wembley
Post Objectives: Front line delivery of a professional and client focused service that supports student enquiry, information and advice needs.
The post holder will:
- Provide a professional, efficient and welcoming front-of-house service to current and potential students, guests and visitors;
- Respond to and take initiative for a wide variety of individual enquiries; provide advice and information to service users and managing ongoing casework by email, in person and on the telephone. You will be supervised but will have responsibility for your own workload. Complex or contentious issues should be brought to the attention of the Student Services Manager;
- Maintain accurate and appropriate case records to the standard defined by service policy;
- Possess a working knowledge of the main issues currently addressed by the Service including the Student Support System, International provision, Welfare Rights, UCFB “internal regulations”, policies, procedures, money advice, as well as a range of generalist advice areas;
- Provide support, advocacy and representation for students at informal and formal meetings; appeal hearings and tribunals, both within UCFB and with statutory organisations: e.g. Housing Benefit reviews, academic review/appeal hearings, UCFB disciplinary hearings;
- Offer advice and information regarding all aspects of student visas to students and applicants on a one-to-one basis, e.g. Tier 4 applications and renewals;
- Represent UCFB and its students to external organisations both nationally (UKCISA, British Council, the UK Borders Agency, Association of International Student Advisers and funding bodies) and locally (the police, local Council and community groups);
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with a range of colleagues and agencies internally and externally, e.g. UKVI, UKCISA, AISA;
- Meet, correspond and liaise with external and internal agencies on behalf of both clients and Student Services;
- Assist with the co-ordination and delivery of innovative services to students.
- Develop and maintain the practical and ethical policies of being responsible and ethical for advice-giving whilst considering Home Office compliance requirements;
Click here to download the full, detailed job description and person specification.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant experience in a complex public facing environment;
- Experience of working with students and staff in an HE environment;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work on your own initiative;
- Effective team-working skills;
- Ability to work alongside peers and academic staff;
- Knowledge of issues surrounding confidentiality and data protection;
- Professional approach to work;
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail
All applications should be made by Thursday 20th October 2016 to email@example.com addressed to the Student Services Manager with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.