Lecturer in Sports Marketing – UCFB Wembley
Post: Lecturer in Sports Marketing – UCFB Wembley
Location: UCFB Wembley, London
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Responsible to: Head of Academics
Closes: 23rd February 2017
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to appoint a lecturer with the expertise to contextualise marketing to support our programmes in the football and sports industries.
The successful candidate will teach on our sports marketing programme and contribute to modules with a sports business context.
Activities will include:
- To teach on designated modules and programme of study
- Maintain academic standards and adhere to the programme and module specifications
- Design and deliver teaching materials at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including contributing to the curriculum review and enhancement, in a manner that supports and focuses on student learning outcomes
- Undertake student assessments and examination activities including the provision of appropriate feedback to students
- Engage in continuous professional development
- To participate in the department seminars aimed at knowledge sharing and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department
- Be responsible for the pastoral care of students within a specified area
- Achieve key academic performance indicators, attendance, retention and achievement
- Report to the programme leader on programme performance and progress
- Maintain high levels of student satisfaction rates
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am-5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate and masters’ degrees in a marketing discipline
- Two or more years full time teaching experience in Higher Education
- Teaching qualification (or willingness to obtain one)
- Ability to teach at least two areas from (1) theory and practice of integrated marketing communications; (2) branding, advertising, design, digital and communications; (3) Digital marketing knowledge and experience, particularly e-crm, SEO, SEM, and Social Media; (4) Ad agency and website development simulations
- Ability to contextualise marketing for sports business
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time-keeping skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Effective team-working skills
- Professional approach to work
- Attention to detail
Click here to download the full, detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Head of Academics (Wembley) with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.