Lecturer in Football Finance – UCFB Wembley
Location: UCFB Wembley, London
Salary: Up to £45,000 (dependent on experience)
Responsible to: Programme Leader & Head/Assistant Head of Academics
Post Objectives: To teach on a programme of study and to maintain teaching and learning standards to deliver excellent student experience
Closing Date: 4th November 2016
Due to our continued growth and success we are looking to appoint a Lecturer with relevant expertise in finance for the football and sports industries
The successful candidate will teach on programmes of study delivering modules in football business including finance, accounting and entrepreneurship.
Activities will include:
- To teach on designated modules and programme of study
- Maintain academic standards and adhere to the programme and module specifications
- Design and deliver teaching materials at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including contributing to the curriculum review and enhancement, in a manner that supports and focuses on student learning outcomes.
- Undertake student assessments and examination activities including the provision of appropriate feedback to students.
- Engage in continuous professional development
- To participate in the department seminars aimed at knowledge sharing and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Be responsible for the pastoral care of students within a specified area
- Achieve key academic performance indicators, attendance, retention and achievement
- Report to the programme leader on programme performance and progress
- Maintain high levels of student satisfaction rates
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
What we’re looking for:
This is teaching post aimed at an experienced finance teacher who can teach both specialist and non-specialists in a sports business context
- Qualified to at least masters’ level in accounting, finance or business;
- A professional qualification in Accountancy or Finance is desirable;
- Two or more years’ full time teaching experience in Higher Education;
- Teaching qualification (or willingness to obtain one);
- Ability to teach relevant topics on our football business degrees: finance, accounting and entrepreneurship;
- Ability to contextualise Accounting & Finance concepts for sports business;
- Ability to teach finance to both specialist and non-specialists;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good time-keeping skills;
- Ability to work on your own initiative;
- Effective team-working skills;
- Professional approach to work;
- Attention to detail
Click here to download the full, detailed job description and person specification.
This is an additional post to that advertised earlier this year.
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to the Head of Academics (Wembley) with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.