Lecturer in Events Management – UCFB Wembley
Location: UCFB Wembley, London
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 (dependent on experience)
Responsible to: Head and Assistant Head of Academics
Post Objectives: To teach on a programme of study and to maintain teaching and learning standards to deliver an excellent student experience
Due to our continued growth, success we are looking to appoint a Lecturer with relevant expertise in events management.
- To teach on designated modules and programme of study as the Head / Assistant Head of Academic may specify;
- Maintain academic standards and adhere to the programme and module specifications
- Design and deliver teaching materials at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including contributing to the curriculum review and enhancement, in a manner that supports and focuses on student learning outcomes
- Preparation and delivery of modules-lectures and seminar materials at various levels
- Challenge thinking and foster debate to develop the ability for students to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking, stimulating excellence
- Identify learning needs of students and define appropriate learning objectives
- Supervise the work of students- including student project, field trips, and where appropriate, placement- and provide advice on study skills
- Undertake student assessments and examination activities including the provision of appropriate feedback to students
- Marking, assessing and internal verification of students’ work
- Engage in continuous professional development
- Develop familiarity with a variety of strategies to promote and assess learning
- Have in-depth understanding of own specialism to enable the development of new knowledge and understanding within the field
- Balance the pressures of teaching, personal research and administrative demands and competing deadlines
- To participate in the department seminars aimed at knowledge sharing and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department
- Act as a responsible team member and develop productive working relationships with other members of staff
- Participate in and develop external networks that promote UCFB and contribute to and build relationships for future activities
- Collaborate with colleagues on the development and implementation of assessment procedures
- Be responsible for the pastoral care of students within a specified area
- Act as personal tutor, providing first line support
- Refer students to appropriate services providing further help (student services)
- Achieve key academic performance indicators, attendance, retention and achievement
- Report to the programme leader on programme performance and progress
- Maintain high levels of student satisfaction rates
- Complete module review and evaluation
- To undertake appropriate staff development and professional training in line with the business objectives of UCFB
- Participate in research and personal professional development
- To work within the policies of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
- To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post.
Working hours: Normally 8.30 am – 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
Click here to download the full, detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to the Head of Academics (Wembley) with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.