Alumni Relations Manager – UCFB Wembley
Post: Alumni Relations Manager
Location: UCFB Wembley, London
Salary/Grade: Up to £40,000 depending on qualifications and experience
Responsible To: Chief Marketing Officer
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes: 9th December 2016
The successful candidate will support the production of and manage UCFB’s alumni strategy from inception.
- To be responsible, in consultation with the Marketing Senior Leadership Team for developing and implementing UCFB’s Alumni Relations strategy as well as a comprehensive Student Volunteer Strategy as such to ensure that the Marketing Department remains in contact with students from enrollment through to graduation and beyond;
- To determine the Alumni Relations team’s strategic direction and to provide leadership, motivation and support in order to maintain the quality of the team’s output so that UCFB and its marketing department’s objectives are achieved;
- To be responsible, in consultation with the CMO, for developing the Alumni Relations budget and tailoring the Alumni Relations programme to the available resources and monitoring expense against that budget;
- To be responsible for developing and managing a comprehensive student volunteer strategy to support the wider Marketing department, including the development of a volunteer certification to support and motivate this initiative;
- To sit on the Marketing Leadership Team committee and support the Chief Marketing Officer in the Management of the wider Marketing Department and ensure that the Alumni Team’s activities feed into wider departmental and UCFB aims and objectives;
- To hire, manage, support and develop the Alumni team as required;
- To work effectively with other departments (Student Services, Academic, Finance, other) towards departmental goals;
- To oversee liaison between the Alumni Relations team members and others teams at UCFB to ensure that there is effective communication with senior colleagues on matters relating to alumni events, alumni group activities, University publications, web and email communication;
- To create and implement strategies for alumni relations as follows, working with relevant members of the team as appropriate:
- Alumni benefits and services including links with other areas of the University;
- Alumni communication and publicity, including print and online publications targeted at alumni; Web and email communication, including development and overview of the
- Alumni Relations web site and web services for alumni;
- Events and activities, agreeing target groups with other section heads, then ensuring that activity attracts and involves as many members of target groups as possible;
- Encourage and support academic and other departments in undertaking events and communications which will promote good alumni relations;
- UK and overseas alumni groups and clubs/associations, providing strategic advice on communications and local events;
- Liaise closely with, provide support to, and help direct the activity of various alumni groups, both self and University-organised;
- To develop strong student, alumni, staff and other volunteer networks working with key individuals to support and develop strategies for alumni relations activity;
- To meet alumni and others, representing the Department and University at alumni, University and other external events and meetings, both in the UK and abroad;
- To act as the initial point of contact for Alumni until the Alumni Relations team grows sufficiently as to hire support staff.
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 – 5pm but may require flexibility to support students at peak times.
What we’re looking for:
- Relevant Business, Events or Marketing qualifications;
- Minimum of 2 years Alumni team experience at another higher education institution;
- Experience of managing alumni activities at another HE institution is desirable;
- Experience of developing and implementing an Alumni Relations strategy for a complex organisation;
- Understanding of UK Higher Education landscape;
- Experience of managing Alumni Relations budget and tailoring the Alumni Relations programme to the available resources and monitoring expense against that budget;
- Ability to manage others in a marketing team context;
- Ability to communicate with people clearly and effectively via a variety of media;
- Effective team-working skills;
- Knowledge of issues surrounding confidentiality and data protection;
- Professional approach to work;
- Strong Organisational Skills
- Attention to detail.
Click here to download the full, detailed job description and person specification.
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to the Chief Marketing Officer with a full CV and covering letter (2 sides of A4 maximum) setting out your suitability for the role (mapped against the person specification) and your motivation for joining our pioneering institution. Previous applicants for this post need not reapply.