Information for Students from Hong Kong
Welcome to the country page for Hong Kong which contains specific information for students from Hong Kong interested in studying at UCFB Wembley.
We would be very happy to answer any questions that you may have about applying to and studying at UCFB
Tel: 0333 241 7425
The below are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.
- Holders of UK A-Levels or the International Baccalaureate Diploma. See our online prospectus for entry requirements.
- If you have taken the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) you will be considered for admission on to undergraduate courses. Please contact us for more information.
- HKALE grades are equivalent to A-Level (with the exception of Maths and Physics, where we recognise that a B grade in HKALE is equivalent to an A at A-Level).
- Applicants with a Higher Diploma or an Associate Degree from a recognised university/college may be considered for direct entry to second-year of some degree courses.
Those applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements or would like to improve their English language before studying for a degree, could consider applying for one of the foundation degrees offered at our academic partner Bucks New University.
English Language Proficiency
If English is not your first language you will also need to satisfy UCFB’s English language requirements:
- IELTS 6.0 with minimum scores of 5.5 in each subsection.
- HKCEE English Grade C or above in syllabus B and Grade A in syllabus A.
- Hong Kong A Level Use of English Grade D or above in all components.
- HKDSE English Level 3-4 = IELTS 5.5 – 6.0.
UCFB Wembley offers a range of scholarships and awards to support students. For more information please visit scholarships and bursaries.
How to Apply
If applying via UCAS, select school: Bucks B94 and quote campus code D for Wembley.
UCAS deadline is 15th January 2017 and we would encourage you to apply as early as possible. If applying after the deadline please speak to a member of our International team who can advise you further as international applications can still be accepted after this deadline.
For more information about the UCAS system, visit www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/international/how-apply.
Students must hold a minimum of a Second Class Bachelors (Honours) Degree from a Hong Kong university.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English will normally have to provide evidence of their English language proficiency. IELTS score 6.5 with minimum 6.0 in each subsection, or recognised equivalent.
How to apply
Visits to your Country
The Student Recruitment team regularly travels overseas to meet prospective students. The team attends education exhibitions, arranges visits to schools and universities, as well as presentations and individual counselling sessions for prospective students, applicants and offer holders.
For more information about upcoming visits please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Representatives in your Country
UCFB Wembley has developed an extensive overseas representative network offering enquirers and applicants a variety of services:
- Counselling in programmes of study and academic issues.
- Resources and information on courses, accommodation, finance, scholarships and life in London.
- Help with applying to UCFB and assistance throughout the application process.
- Assisting with the visa application process.
- Pre-departure briefings for students travelling to the UK
Unit 818-819, Star House, No. 3 Salisbury Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
電話/Tel: +852-2377 9115
Other offices: Wan Chai, Mong Kok
9/F Wai Hing Building, 148 Prince Edward Road West, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
電話/Tel: +852 3426 9976
• The British Council is the British Government’s international organization for educational and cultural relations. Their website is designed for those seeking information and advice on education and contemporary arts in the UK.
• Education UK is produced by the British Council to help international students interested in a UK course or qualification.
• UKCISA – The UK Council for International Students Affairs provides information on many aspects of studying overseas, including visas and working while studying.
• The UK Visa & Immigration service also has up to date information on immigration and visa requirements.
• UCAS – The Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the body through which all applications for undergraduate study must be made.