Information for Students from Ghana
Welcome to the country page for Ghana which contains specific information for Ghanaian students interested in studying at UCFB Wembley.
We would be very happy to answer any questions that you may have about applying to and studying at UCFB
The below are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.
- Students who have at least 5 SSCE passes with grade C or above to include English (and Maths where this is required) will be considered for direct entry to year one of a Bachelor degree programme at UCFB.
- Students who have WAEC grades 1-6 AND one of the following qualifications will also be considered:
- A recognised Foundation/Access Course/ A Levels;
- An Ordinary National Diploma (minimum second class lower);
- Year 1 (level 100) of a relevant degree from a recognised university.
Those applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements or would like to improve their English language before studying for a degree, could consider applying for one of the foundation degrees offered at our academic partner Bucks New University.
English Language Proficiency
If English is not your first language you will also need to satisfy UCFB’s English language requirements:
- IELTS 6.0 with minimum scores of 5.5 in each subsection;
- Grade C6 or above at SSCE/WAEC English.
UCFB Wembley offers a range of scholarships and awards to support students. For more information please visit scholarships and bursaries.
- A Bachelors (Honours) Degree with a minimum second class lower from a recognised University
- A Postgraduate Diploma.
For details of Recognised Higher Education Institutions see www.nab.gov.gh/
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English will normally have to provide evidence of their English language proficiency. IELTS score 6.5 with minimum 6.0 in each subsection, or recognised equivalent.
How to apply
Visits to your Country
The Student Recruitment team regularly travels overseas to meet prospective students. The team attends education exhibitions, arranges visits to schools and universities, as well as presentations and individual counselling sessions for prospective students, applicants and offer holders.
For more information about upcoming trips to your country please contact email@example.com
Representatives in your Country
UCFB Wembley has developed an extensive overseas representative network offering enquirers and applicants a variety of services:
- Counselling in programmes of study and academic issues.
- Resources and information on courses, accommodation, finance, scholarships and life in London.
- Help with applying to UCFB and assistance throughout the application process.
- Assisting with the visa application process.
- Pre-departure briefings for students travelling to the UK
2nd Floor Blueberry Mall Building, Anmada Street, near Shaka Zulu Restaurant, Olusegun Obasanjo Way (37 Military Hospital – Dzorwulu Highway), Accra, PMB L36, Legon-Accra
Tel: +233 (0)302 765090
- The British Council is the British Government’s international organization for educational and cultural relations. Their website is designed for those seeking information and advice on education and contemporary arts in the UK.
- Education UK is produced by the British Council to help international students interested in a UK course or qualification.
- UKCISA – The UK Council for International Students Affairs provides information on many aspects of studying overseas, including visas and working while studying.
- The UK Visa & Immigration service also has up to date information on immigration and visa requirements.
UCAS – The Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the body through which all applications for undergraduate study must be made.