Information for Students from Germany
Welcome to the country page for Germany. This page contains specific information for students from Germany who wish to study at UCFB.
We would be very happy to answer any questions that you may have about applying to and studying at UCFB
The Student Recruitment team regularly travels overseas to meet prospective students. The team attends education exhibitions, arranges visits to schools and universities, as well as presentations and individual counselling sessions for prospective students, applicants and offer holders.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information on our upcoming trips.
The below are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.
- Maths requirements: Realshulabschluss/Mittlere Reife/Realschulreife is acceptable in lieu of Maths GCSE with a score of 4 or above.
Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife / Abitur with an overall mark of 3 or below (1 is the highest).
- Zwischenprüfungszeugnis (wissenschaftliche Hochschule) Diplom
- Vorprüfungszeugnis (wissenschaftliche Hochschule)
- Vordiplomzeugnis (wissenschaftliche Hochschule)
Those applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements or would like to improve their English language before studying for a degree, could consider applying for one of the foundation degrees offered at our academic partner Bucks New University.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English will normally have to provide evidence of their English language proficiency. IELTS score 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each subsection.
Applicants who have obtained grades of 7 or above in English Language in their Abitur (IELTS 5.5) as long as their application form demonstrates the required level of competence in English.
Applicants with DAAD exams with “C” or above in each component (listening, spoken language, writing and reading) (IELTS 5.5) as long as their application form demonstrates the required level of competence in English.
Scholarships & UK/EU Funding
UCFB offers a range of scholarships to those who have accepted our offer of admissions. The scholarship is awarded towards accommodation and tuition fee costs. Only applicants selecting the UCFB offer as their firm (first) choice through UCAS will be eligible for these Scholarships.
German students who are eligible for UK/EU fees can also apply for a loan from Student Finance. The loan covers your tuition fees, is paid direct to UCFB and does not need to be paid back until after you complete your studies.
How to Apply
If applying via UCAS, select school: Bucks B94 and quote campus code D for Wembley and code F for Etihad.
UCAS deadline is 15th January 2016 and we would encourage you to apply as early as possible. If applying after the deadline please speak to one of the team who can advise you further as international applications are accepted until 30th June 2016.
For more information about the UCAS system, visit www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/international/how-apply.
Direct applications are also accepted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Students must hold one of the following qualifications with an average between 1 and 2.5:
- Erstes Staatsexamen (First State Examination). Bachelor (wissenschaftliche Hochschule) – EQF level 6 Diplom FH (Fachhochschule) – EQF level 6
- Bachelor (Fachhochschule)- EQF level 6 Fachhochschuldiplom (Gesamthochschule) – EQF level 6
- Magister/Diplom/ Lizentiat (wissenschaftliche Hochschule)- EQF level 7
- Lizentiat (wissenschaftliche Hochschule) – EQF level 7
- Staatsprüfung (wissenschaftliche Hochschule) – EQF level 7
- Master (wissenschaftliche Hochschule) – EQF level 7
- Master (Fachhochschule)- EQF level 7
- Diplom/Magister (Gesamthochschule) – EQF level 7
- Magister Artium (phased out 2010)
Applicants with Law degrees can be normally considered with an overall grade of 3 and above (1 being the highest) because of the marking tradition in German Law Schools.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English will normally have to provide evidence of their English language proficiency. IELTS score 6.5 with minimum 6.0 in each subsection, or recognised equivalent.
How to Apply